Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect - Commercial
The Enterprise Architect is an experienced technology professional providing technical vision, architectural expertise, and leadership to multiple business and technical stakeholders to build and sustain enterprise-scale platforms for industrializing commerce, marketing and sales end-to-end capabilities while balancing flexibility for business-differentiating requirements.
This role is highly collaborative, working across business and technology teams to establish a target vision aligned with business and IT needs. Through engagement with business technology groups, solutions architects, and enterprise application and technology teams, you will lead efforts to align investment, technical direction, and execution to deliver enterprise capabilities.
Deliver world class, enterprise platforms to deliver commerce, marketing and sales capabilities
Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to develop platform vision, strategy and metrics, define business and technical requirements, technical design and roadmap, and drive project initiatives.
Establish and maintain reference architectures for appropriate use of platform capabilities. Work with appropriate stakeholders to manage exceptions.
Maintain an advanced understanding of IT industry trends in commerce, marketing and sales and provide thought leadership as required to business technology groups and other key stakeholders
- Experience defining technologyarchitecture for marketing and sales
- Experience of leading virtual teams made up of business and technology resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- Knowledge in selecting future technology paths and participates in the design of those paths.
- Capable of partnering with others to build and maintain the five-year IT strategy and performance model (2-years former, current year, and 2-years ahead).
- Experience in driving and delivering new capabilities to improve business unit operations that are in keeping with established standards and the overall IT strategic direction.
- Experience in manufacturing industry, Communications, Life Science
- Understanding of platform concepts, integration, and interoperability
- Experience of identifying and leading forward process improvements
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Salesforce.com, SAP Hybris and other industry-leading sales and marketing solutions
Standard Work Hours: 40 hours a week - Mon – Fri
Travel Requirements: International & Domestic may be required
Bachelor’s Degree in information technology-related discipline
Master's level degreepreferred in Business or IT related field
Required Years and Area of Experience: 10 years relevant information technologyexperience - including evidence of leading efforts to scope & architect major programs
2+ years of experience in product management for an enterprise scale solution
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Req #: 4698