Wherever you work and whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name you know that you are a valued teammate who is part of our larger mission to Serve Society with Superior Quality. We start by offering each teammate more than just a salary. We provide formal training, competitive performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build your future. We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole selves to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you are made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need. Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation headquartered in Japan. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand products to address the needs of a broad range of customers and industries.
The Enterprise Architect â€“ Business Solutions is a key role for the organization responsible for collaborating with Tire and Rubber business and IT professionals to facilitate how technology will enable the Bridgestone Americas Business Strategy. The role aligns to the Enterprise Architecture group, led by the Executive Director, Enterprise Architecture. The Enterprise Architecture group reports to the CIO of Bridgestone Americas.
- Support and evolution of Tire and Rubber Business and Technology Strategy Â to enable strategic business objectives of the company.Â Includes:
- Understanding Business Strategy â€“ drivers, enablers and expected outcomes
- Defining Business Capability Framework: business capabilities needed to enable the strategy
- Develop and own transition Tire and Rubber technology Roadmap(s) to mature Data Management practices for the organization.
- Defining Reference Architectures to enable the strategy
- Work with Enterprise Architecture Review Board for Architecture Governance across architecture domains.
- Facilitate product selection as part of Architecture Standards definition.
- Partner with Business and IT Teams to select an approach and product to meet business needs in line with Architecture standards and guidelines.
- Lead identification of assets or services that can be re-used by the project teams to drive consistency, cost reduction, and increases speed to market within assigned architecture or functional domains
- Proactively monitor strategic direction of Solution Vendors, technology and market trends, and determine their potential impact and value to the enterprise.
- Facilitate targeted innovation for the architecture domain. Research and lead proof-of-concepts to assess and build new capabilities for this architecture domain. Also work across architecture domains to innovate on capabilities and solutions across the enterprise (Cloud, Mobility, Integration, etc.)
- Participate and provide oversight to the implementation of solution standards and/or other industry best practices.
- Advocate the communication of and adherence to defined application architecture strategy
- Solution Architecture:
- Manage and develop Solution Architecture talent within Tire and Rubber business solution domain.
- Partnering with Solution and System Architects, as well as business alignment team â€“ guide development of solution architecture roadmaps, convert business requirements into an architecture blueprint and conceptual design, based on the Architecture standards and usage guidelines.
- Provide technical and architecture consulting to Business and IT teams
- Provide architecture and solution guidance to project teams in support of solution design and development.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree plus 12-15 years of IT experience OR Master Degree plus 10 years of IT experience. Experience in large corporate environment with a complex architecture, including Global initiatives.
- 5+ years in an IT Business Applications Operations/Incident response and/or application governance role
- 5+ years working as Enterprise / Solution Architect in an architecture team.
- Strong leadership, teamworking, verbal, written and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to influence strategic direction of senior leadership
- Ability to form relationships and partner effectively with IT and business stakeholders
- Experience developing, modifying, and executing IT strategies to support the development and maintenance of applications as directed by the business strategy.
- Strong organizational planning and development, project management, technical leadership, business acumen and communication skills to lead a global cross-functional technology team
- Thrive in a result driven environment with passion to innovate and with fast acting decision-making abilities and an agile mindset
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and ability to interface with all functions at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of devising Business Application strategies that align with business strategies and successful implementations
- Working knowledge of systems architectural concepts and frameworks like TOGAF preferred.
- Other relevant certifications
- Extensive and deep work experience of Business Applications such as ERP, Supply chain and e-Commerce, holding roles such as Lead Architect or Director over IT ERP/Business Applications programs in the global market space is preferred.