- Management and Supervision of Software Application Analysts
- Supervise, manage, and mentor the application support and development team to promote the achievement of organizational and University goals
- Foster employee professional development
- Develop strategic direction for the university's software development practices, development tools, and development standards
- Guide the integration of disparate software systems using best practices
- Coordinate with the product management group and functional business areas to define and prioritize projects
- Ensure appropriate testing, robustness, and monitoring of enterprise software
- Coordinate team response to service interruptions.
Leadership for Enterprise Software Projects, Integration, Security, and Standards
- Collaborate in the definition and enforcement of standards for data and application integrations, authentication, security, identity management, development workflow and documentation
- Contribute to the definition and facilitation of appropriate identity policies, university-wide access standards, plans, and controls
- Demonstrate commitment to system uptime, reliability and customer service
- Direct and enforce peer review for design and implementation of technical solutions
- Lead, assist, and advise team members in solving highly technical architectural and programming problems.
Enterprise Architecture and Development
- Conceive, build, review, revise, and retire enterprise software solutions and documentation in accordance with the law, best practices, and University needs, taking into account the software development lifecycle, continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, testing, monitoring, robustness, scalability, team competencies, existing software and infrastructure
- Plan, document, and execute revisions to the enterprise architecture
Collaboration, Professionalism, and Development
- Contribute to committees and workgroups as appropriate
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, and managers
- Collaborate in the performance of software upgrades, patches and enhancements
- Actively seek opportunities to improve technical skills and business knowledge
- Actively seek opportunities to improve management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability leading and supervising software analysts including providing feedback, mentoring, and encouraging continued professional development
- Experience with security design at the application, container, and server levels
- Strong familiarity with a broad range of enterprise computing technology
- Ability to model and implement complex business processes in software
- Experience with ERP application administration or development; knowledge of workflow engines and of programmatic methodologies for interfacing applications; experience integrating with CRM platforms preferred.
- Broad understanding of business systems, processes, and academic support technologies, preferably in a higher education setting
- Experience programming with procedural and object-oriented languages
- Experience with enterprise deployment, modern web architectures, configuration management, monitoring, and tools to support modern and traditional enterprise applications
- Self-motivation and self-direction; ability to work independently; ability to work effectively in a team environment; willingness to take direction; ability to participate in group planning processes
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies, tools, techniques and methodologies. Open to change
- Strong communications skills. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of technical expertise
- Strong organizational skills, proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to complete complex projects and tasks with attention to detail
- Work experience in higher education and an understanding of higher education business practices is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.