The Enterprise Applications Specialist is responsible for ensuring all enterprise applications are functionally appropriate, compatible with the corporate infrastructure and performing as expected.
The Enterprise Applications Specialist is tasked with the maintenance, support, configuration, and implementation of enterprise applications and technologies.
The Enterprise Applications Specialist partners with users to identify and consider both the business and the technical needs of the functions they support, ensuring they meet the technology requirements of the process owners and stakeholders. This role interfaces with IT infrastructure architects, IT operations, IT cybersecurity and third-party vendors.
The individual in this role enjoys problem solving and has the interest and ability to learn new applications and related capabilities as required in an evolving and dynamic environment.
Essential job functions and duties
- Maintain and support operating system and enterprise applications, keeping them current including the testing and deployment of updates, patches, and new version releases
- Ensure enterprise applications are working as expected and lead troubleshooting efforts and upgrades of existing enterprise applications, communicating updates to management as appropriate
- Identify, evaluate, implement, and support new and emerging technologies for the enterprise
- Manage enterprise application projects of simple to moderate complexity
- Maintain enterprise application inventory, version control and licensing
- Participate in IT enterprise and business-specific projects as a technical subject matter expert
- Perform other duties as required by business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer information systems or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in IT application development, analysis, and support
- Application expertise with core Microsoft products with a focus on M365 and the Windows10 Enterprise operating system
- Strong understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS), Client/Server and Client only software architecture
- Experience with application packaging for delivery to laptops and desktop computers via SCCM and Intune.
- Familiarity with Document Management and collaboration technologies
- Proficiency in configuration and implementation of SharePoint including the configuration of tenant, sites, collections, libraries, folders, lists, content types, and workflows.
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Ability to manage and document projects and application implementations
- Familiarity with one or more SDLC methodologies and DevOps methodology
- Familiarity with Computer System Validation
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management
- Ability to acquire application-specific expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Travel required 5-10% of time as deemed necessary by management.