Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Enterprise Business Information Services (EBIS) Division is a part of JPL's Business Operations Directorate. We maintain stewardship over the ever-evolving Business IT portfolio of applications and systems required to support the Laboratory's business function and processes. We handle the full systems lifecycle across all major business processes, provide analytical and technical services, as well as strategically partner with Laboratory community to ensure continuous delivery of business IT services. Some key initiatives embraced by our Division includes a business intelligence program, Robotic Process Automation, data analytics, and adopting agile methodologies and tools.
Do you enjoy coding, as well as interacting with business partners and domain specialists to understand their business needs, then conveying the expertise to transform these needs from requirements to technical solutions that deliver value? We are looking for a technical talent to do just that!
We are seeking a software engineer to join our dedicated team of IT professionals in EBIS' Supply Chain Management Information Services Section. The new team member will have opportunities to innovate and apply technologies across a spectrum of industry standard methodologies in procure-to pay, manufacturing, facilities and logistics business domains. In this highly impactful, far-reaching role, we look for the candidate to demonstrate highly driven, collaborative and results-oriented behavior. We value a candidate who works independently and in collaboration with other team members. We are looking for individual who is analytical, applies excellent judgement, and has the ability to multi-task in order to successfully support the business systems needs in a timely fashion.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Work with a cross-functional team members and business community to gain understanding of JPL’s Procure-to-Pay (P2P) business processes and how they are configured in Oracle P2P modules.
- Elicit and capture relevant requirements and help users discover their real business needs. Conduct or participate in software feasibility and trade studies.
- Build use cases, generate user stories, test scripts and test plan.
- Design, setup, develop and test business software applications and interface solutions that will be delivered into JPL’s enterprise computing system environment according to JPL/EBIS software development standards.
- Coordinate and communicate system upgrades, new features and changes to users and business process owners.
- Keep our products up-to-date and relevant by proposing improvements as business needs evolve, or as new features become available. Review, analyze and make recommendations for Oracle Patch Releases.
- Remain in regular contact with user community throughout the project to lead problem solving workshops, suggest prototypes, conduct product demos, alleviate concerns, validate requirements.
- Participate in technologies evaluation and recommend solutions to optimize IT and business processes.
- Analyze and resolve technical/functional production issues.
- Help and mentor team members.
- Typically have a Bachelor degree with a minimum of 3 years of relate experience or a Master degree with 1 year of related experience in Computer Information systems, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge of system design, configuration/module setup with Oracle R12.x iProcurement, Purchasing or Payables.
- Ability to communicate ideas, instructions, and requirements clearly and concisely; ability to tell a story.
- Working knowledge in the following: Form personalization or custom.pll, OAF personalization, OAF extension and customization.
- Is familiar with Oracle development toolsets such as jDeveloper, Report Developer, SQL*Loader, Workflow Builder, Alerts, XML/BI Publisher.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate requirements into business system solutions.
- Ability to build prototypes and mockups.
- Understanding of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile/scrum.
- A self-starter with the ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a diverse team and as an individual contributor.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue-tracking systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Word.