Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
The Enterprise Applications Software Engineer is a self-driven individual, capable of working alone or with a team and will be responsible for application configuration, administration, minor development, analysis, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems, databases, and middleware applications. If you like working directly with business stakeholders, working with other development team members, and learning and using a variety of technologies that have a direct impact on Ascend’s business outcomes, this position may be for you. You will be supporting a variety of Enterprise Application software solutions and we will provide you with the training to be successful. Projects will vary and will include upgrades, enhancements, and new implementations of on-premise and SaaS solutions. This is a full-time position in our Leawood, KS office.
Responsibilities & Duties
The following list represents the general responsibilities of an application administrator for technologies including HR systems (Ultipro), finance/accounting solutions (Perceptive Content/ImageNow, GP, NLS), e-signature solutions (DocuSign/AdobeSign), IT service management solutions (ServiceNow), and more. Specific responsibilities may differ by application.
- Plan, coordinate, test, and communicate changes, upgrades/maintenance schedules, and new services with development team members, end users, and stakeholders, ensuring business operations will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Work with Platform Analysts/Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Work directly with stakeholders to capture business requirements and translate them into technical approaches and designs that can be implemented in the applications.
- Collaborate with development team members to ensure proper implementation and integration of the applications.
- Monitor the software application, document, and analyze problems.
- Support deployments or troubleshoot production issues outside of work hours and participate in an on-call rotation as-needed.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments.
- Provide advice and training to end‐users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and business processes.
- Understand the workflow and process requirements of business units related to the application.
- Assist with development of test plans to verify logic of new or modified applications.
- Maintain technical and end user documentation.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
- Continuously work to enable best practices and process automation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with a diverse group of customers and IT members.
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering complex
- Must be a motivated, quick learner with great analytical skills, interpersonal skills and project a confident and professional demeanor.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills, knowledge of analytical tools, and complex troubleshooting methods.
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills.
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self‐motivated, able to work independently, and able to take initiative without always being directed.
- Ability to multitask in a fast‐paced
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree or higher in Computer Science or similar degree/program
- 2+ years of experience providing tier 2/3 technical application support with experience administering and configuring software
- 2+ years working in Windows environments
- 1-3 years of experience in Perceptive Content (Formerly ImageNow), Nortridge Loan software or other similar finance and accounting related software platforms preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working with ServiceNow or other ITSM platforms preferred
- Exposure to Microsoft Dynamics GP or other financial systems preferred
- 1-3 years of experience with reporting tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Writer & Excel
- 1+ years completing full software development life cycle from developing a customized solution to implementation.
- Experience working with APIs and other forms of software integrations
- Demonstrated experience supporting a multi-user environment.
- Solid understanding and experience in SQL Server creating basic scripts and queries.
- Experienced providing guidance, solutions, and maintenance to end users in a software development or technical support environment.