Venable LLP is seeking an Enterprise Applications Engineer to support firm wide commercial off the shelf (COTS) application design and implementation. The engineer will be part of a high functioning IT team based in our Baltimore, MD office.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Assisting in the design aspects of all stages of the lifecycle of assigned IT small-scale services and systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, development, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade, transition, operation and improvement
- Participating in the identification of operational support needs and helping to design appropriate solutions, including definition of operational roles/responsibilities/permissions, event management requirements for services and systems, maintenance and operational support tasks for Tier 1 and 2 Support
- Assisting in the evaluation and selection of new solutions
- Participating in the resolution of major incidents and problems
- Identifying opportunities for design enhancements to services, taking into consideration operational requirements for service levels, availability, response times, security and repair times
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A minimum of 2 years of experience implementing, administering and supporting COTS applications; experience with multi-tiered database applications and experience with Windows Server 2008+
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and corresponding technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013, O365 a plus
- Familiarity with database technologies and management tools; ability to assess and create SQL scripts to analyze data
- Ability to create PowerShell scripts to automate tasks
- Knowledge of Web Server technologies; experience with IIS required
- Experience with project management tools and strong time management skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Commitment to working as part of a team and offering feedback to facilitate positive outcomes