JENSEN HUGHES has an exciting job opportunity for Enterprise Applications Engineer in our Corporate Baltimore, Maryland office. The position will join a dynamic team and growing company and support Enterprise applications used by JENSEN HUGHES’ employees.
- JENSEN HUGHES Enterprise Applications team is responsible for providing Application support and maintenance for corporate applications used by employees. The team also works on implementing initiatives, enhancing applications and automating manual processes thereby improving productivity.
- You will work closely with the other members of the Enterprise Applications team, the IT operations team, key business stakeholders, and the user community to ensure the maximum availability of our applications. You will provide application support and carry out regular application maintenance, administration, monitoring and documentation tasks. You will provide support for production, development, test, and other environments. You will contribute to application initiatives within the company from the reliability, performance, and supportability perspectives.
- Candidates should be well-organized, motivated individuals with outstanding communication skills and a strong desire for continual improvement. They should have a high aptitude for learning and be responsible and accountable. This person should work proactively to identify and investigate issues, consulting with team members to perform root cause analysis and mitigation steps.
Enterprise Apps Initiatives
- Work directly with key business and IT stakeholders to confirm requirements, consider design alternatives, facilitate discussions, and ultimately help drive requirements sign-off.
- Create detailed system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs.
- Design, Build, Test and Deploy
- Coordinate and complete assigned deliverable schedules to ensure timelines are met
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns to project management.
Enterprise Apps Operations & Administration
- Define and apply application configuration changes to support business initiatives
- Provide daily operational support for the suite of JENSEN HUGHES enterprise applications
- Research, plan, test, and apply application upgrades and patches
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of production systems including database, application, and web servers
- Review problems to understand root causes of issues and ensure proper fixes are done
- Excellent business, detail orientation, organization and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of technical applications, report writing packages, development tools and utilities
- Scripting experience and Experience developing SQL queries
- Ability to create intuitive technical and non-technical documentation for IT processes, procedures, and application details
- Understanding of principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases of installation, administration and maintenance of IT and business systems
- Technical knowledge of and experience with installing, upgrading, configuring and deploying multi-tier applications
- Ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines and quality requirements of multiple tasks
- Strong experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- 5+ years of enterprise applications system administration/development experience
- B.A. / B.S., Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, computer science or other engineering discipline preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, Vision, Time and Expense systems, OnBase highly desired
- Developing reports using Cognos and/or SSRS
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, both as user and administrator
- Experience administering and tuning SQL Server database
- Knowledge of web and application servers such as Tomcat and Microsoft IIS