Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”) provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The company has approximately 1,300 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA and works on-site with our customers both domestically and internationally.
Our Space Operations Division is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you a software engineer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
Our team is looking for a mid-level software engineer who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position is focused on the design and development of Java-based solutions pertaining to satellite sensor tasking. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world, cutting edge Space Situational Awareness systems which are changing how the Space community is doing business.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering field with 6-12 years technical experience. Relevant domain experience may be accepted in place of a degree.
• Experience with Java backend development
• Experience with Java Persistence API
• Experience with Java Application Servers
• Experience with Java Frameworks (i.e., Spring, Grails, Play)
• Experience designing and developing SOAP and RESTful Services
• Experience with Designing Scalable Web Applications
• Experience with SQL Database Technologies
• Java/JEE development experience
• Knowledge of XML schemas and associated tools
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Experience designing and implementing Service Oriented Architectures and related technologies
• Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (e.g. Subversion, Maven and Git)
• High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense TS\SCI security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.