Enterprise Application Architect ( IOT / Connected Vehicles )
We are looking for Enterprise Application Architect ( IOT / Connected Vehicles ) for our client in Columbus, IN
Job Title: Enterprise Application Architect ( IOT / Connected Vehicles )
Job Location: Columbus, IN
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Our client is looking to hire an Enterprise Architect who will support its DigitalAccelerator/Connected Solutions Group. This person will be responsible for taking strategic technology decisions and architecting solutions that will focus primarily on working with telematics data and will harness his/her strong expertise in Cloud based solutions, AWS end to end solution, Big Data, HADOOP and streaming analytics.
- Previous experience working in automotive industry is very desirable as the person will be working with streaming data generated by engines.
- The person will be part of the Enterprise Architecture group but will sit on the staff of other strategic teams and therefore must be a strong communicator, attentive listener and able to take business needs and translate those into technical terms to deliver the solution that will deliver the desired business outcomes.
- Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems.
- Responsible for the research, evaluation, and selection of application, technology, and infrastructure standards.
- Leads the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Creates project and technology roadmaps and define migration plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future state.
- Develops standards for the specific function or technology domain and defines design patterns and configurations that can be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to manage change and guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Maintains positive relationships with IT and business leaders to effectively promote and communicate IT architecture value proposition.
- Collaborates with IT stakeholders to apply IT strategy to architecture future state architecture and develops roadmaps to realize future state.
- Defines and ensures effective metrics to measure standards adoption, reuse, and demonstrate value.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technology and software trends focused on driving comparative advantage for CMI.
- Cultivates strong relationships with industry experts; participates and may present at conferences and round tables.
- Performs complex cost/benefit analysis when researching future state capabilities.
- Coaches and mentors less senior Architects.
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
- Lifecycle Management - The management of an IT Asset or component from inception throughout its useful life. The Planning phase decides to Replace or add new, Re-engineer, Retire, or Retain/Maintain it.
- Solution Design - The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Appling Standards to Solutions - Able to apply industry and internal IT standards to solutions and to assess compliance of a solution against industry and internal IT standards.
- System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Research - Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
- Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
- Significant relevant experiencerequired. 5-7years of experience.
- Additional Responsibilities Unique to this Position
- The role will provide strategic consultation to Connected Solutions in defining or designing business processes, functions, as well as in researching, identifying technologies based on customer requirements. Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.