Requisition ID 2017-3606
Who are we looking for? Can you answer “yes” to the following questions?
- Are you a good communicator capable of creating alignment between different groups that sometimes have different perspectives regarding the same topics?
- Do you have experience managing and leading data or analytical teams?
- Do you have experience with data governance, data engineering and master data management?
Who are we?
The Data Services team lives within the Enterprise Analytics team at Chick-fil-A. The team worksto ensure data is easy to access, trust, and understand, so that it can be used by others in the organization for reporting and analysis. Data Services partners closely with our Information Technology department to accomplish this curation and optimization of data. We support ourAdvanced Analytics group, and our practicing analysts who are embedded within functions throughout the organization. We also lead our Data Governance efforts, in partnership with IT.
What is the Operations Research Analyst role all about?
This role provides a unique opportunity for influence, as you will create and cast a vision for data usage across the organization. You will lead and facilitate the Data Governance committee as well spearhead the efforts that will come out of that group. You will partner closely with theAdvanced Analytics Manager and practicing analysts across the business to ensure that we are proactively thinking about future needs.
As part of your role, you will work closely with the analytics leaders in IT to ensure there is alignment between the two departments.
You will be responsible for managing a strong team of Data Engineers that will be responsible for creating a strong data foundation that will serve the needs of different stakeholders and use cases across the organization.
So, what is in it for you?
- You will work with a team of individuals who will be highly committed to your success
- You will gain tremendous knowledge about Chick-fil-A and our unique perspectives on thefast food industry
- You will be getting into one of the best Companies to work for in Atlanta
- You will have the opportunity to serve others and have an impact on generating key actionable business insights
- You will hopefully make some good friends and have lots of fun along the way
Are you qualified?
If by now you think you are still interested in the Data Services Manager role, here is what you need to have as a minimum:
- Excellent academic track record / 3.2 GPA minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Decision Sciences or other similar quantitative/technical discipline
- 5 – 10 years of management experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with focus on data management, data modeling, information retrieval, and process analysis
- Combined business/technical education with working knowledge of topics such as cloud computing, computer science, and finance
- Demonstrated ETL solution design and build expertise, work stream management skills, and business consulting acumen
- Broad, versatile knowledge of big data landscape
- Experience with Oracle ERP systems, BI/Reporting Tools such as Tableau or OBIEE, and Amazon AWS Architecture or Google cloud architecture a plus
- Strong communication skills to explain technical concepts to businesspeople, and toexplain business concepts to technical resources
- Ability to learn things quickly and work independently
- Attentiveness to details, with the ability to understand the big picture
If you are qualified, you, more than anyone else needs to apply for this role.
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Minimum GPA (4.0 Scale)