Clinical Software Solutions (CSS), a part of Wolters Kluwer Health, a division of Wolters Kluwer, develops and sells drug and medical information tools that are integrated into the pharmacy, hospital, insurer or healthcare vendor's information systems, or used as stand-alone products. From diagnosis to documentation, our clinician-designed software solutions deliver best practices, clinical evidence and workflow tools to advance the practice of evidence-based medicine. Built upon industry-leading informatics technologies and backed by award-winning customer service, our solutions integrate seamlessly into CPOE and EMR systems and deliver point of care solutions that clinicians embrace.
With more than 200 years of medical publishing experience, a team of clinical experts, best-in-class brands and a network of more than 100 in-house clinicians partnering with over 4,000 of the world's top physician specialists, Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Software Solutions group leverages the industry's most trusted clinical content, advanced clinical decision support, and deep clinical and informatics expertise, to drive better outcomes and accelerate a return on investment from healthcare IT investments.
The Account Manager for Wolters Kluwer (WK) Safety & Surveillance is accountable for retention of strategic healthcare clients, identifying and closing new revenue opportunities, and developing expansion opportunities within the hospital or healthcare system. The Account Manager will build client relationships at the executive level and will demonstrate the value of our clinical surveillance system, pharmacy productivity solutions, and sepsis identification module.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes a strategy to retain revenue within existing accounts.
- Establishes executive-level, trusted advisor relationships withhospitals and health systems.
- Gains a deep understanding of the assigned accounts and maps account and decision makers to effectively execute on retention strategy.
- Proactively identifies and closes new revenue opportunities for professional services, add-on interfaces, and reconfiguration efforts.
- Uncovers and qualifies opportunities for expansion of additional modules within a hospital or health system and introduces the local Sales Director to manage the close of the opportunities.
- Maintains accurate forecasts and provides management withregular updates related to retention and new revenue opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Manages the customer relationship and reinforces the value of the Wolters Kluwer solution set through consistent execution of the Account Management model.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of competition and how toeffectively compete against them at an executive level in the healthcare organization.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to drive and close renewal opportunities.
- Employs a customer-focused, action-orientated approach to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Works in a team environment to support the success of all team members.
- Ensures customer expectations and obligations are fulfilled by driving effective working relationships cross-functionally, in particular with the sales, implementation, marketing/product management, and product support teams.
- Reports and updates the business on customer issues, and provides closed loop feedback to customers.
- Compiles and presents customer input for product roadmap to Product Management.
- Seeks to continuously enhance knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products and develops a working knowledge of complementary and competitive products and services.
- Partners with Marketing to understand the competitive landscape and develops talking points and polished responses to competitive threats, including EMR vendors.
- Gathers and creates best practices for implementing and using our products to be disseminated to customers through content, conversations, and presentations.
- Represents Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends, and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives.
- Leverages the Wolters Kluwer Health product portfolio and existing relationships as part of a comprehensive renewal strategy.
- Proactively pursue professional development activities (e.g., attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks).
- Manage time and company resources appropriately.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Up to 25% out of state travel may be required.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
5 +years of successful technology-related sales or account management experience in the healthcare industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing large healthcare accounts; 7+ years preferred
- Healthcare industry experience required (vendor or customer). Successful track record of selling to or managing C-suite executives in a complex business-to-business environment
- Experience using customer relationship management software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Ability to create executive-level content and polished presentations
- Demonstrable results managing large opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that demonstrate professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality (documents, emails, and conversations)
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; advanced/expert level preferred
- Experience supporting the implementation or optimization of clinical software in a healthcare system highly desired
- Developing and executing strategic account plans
- Analyzing metrics to deliver insightful guidance
- Calculating and analyzing ROI
- Providing consultative services to clients
- Forecasting and strategic planning
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong account management and sales abilities
- Demonstrated sophisticated level of business and financial acumen
- Ability to balance customer needs/wants with the overall profitability of the business
- Ability to identify problems and implement or recommend solutions
- Successful sales attributes including resiliency, persistence, adaptability, results-driven, engaging others, teamwork, and perseverance in the face of competitive pressure or conflict.
- Forecasting and planning skills
- Use good judgment within scope of authority
- Understanding of solutions selling methodology
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to make difficult, and sometimes unpopular, decisions and communicate professionally
- Strong attention to detail
Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required