The Account Executive (AE) has an exciting opportunity to lead the digital transformation of and emerging Enterprise book of business on a national scale. You will be responsible for driving sales of Tableau products to an emerging book of new and existing customers with employee sizes ranging from 4,500 to 20,000. The AE will manage all aspects of the sales process including account planning, prospecting, lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team. This is a quota-carrying sales position.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include...
- Define and execute territory / account sales plans for an assigned account list and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities. Strong cross-functional collaboration is essential to success in this role.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Develop and manage partner relationships with Enterprise accounts.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system (ie, SFDC).
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
- Provide product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 6-8 years of enterprise software sales experience. Minimum of 5+ years of experience in business development.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Domain. Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Predictive Modeling or similar background/experience. Complex sales across five to six-figure deals.
- Business Development Expert. You have a seasoned approach leveraging tools like Outreach and Salesforce to drive energy into emerging accounts.
- Discover & Descend Account Planning . You have expertise in selling into large Enterprise accounts. You lead prospects and customers as opposed to reacting to customer requests. You know how to define an account strategy at the C suite and activate that strategy with your cross-functional colleagues.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.