This position sells the entire Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbott Molecular Division (AMD) product line to large, complex strategic named accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role is the guardian of the strategic customer relationship and is focused on retention; penetration and net new customer selling.
Commercial leader highly skilled in building long-term partnerships between Abbott and current & potential new customers. Scales from senior Laboratory leadership into the C-suite aligning the value Abbott can create through the Laboratory to the customer’s strategic objectives and key performance indicators. Envisions solutions possibilities across Abbott Diagnostics’ portfolio that drive Abbott and customer growth as well as customer’s healthcare performance improvement.
Primary responsibilities include:
This position sells the entire Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbot Molecular Division (AMD) product line to large; complex strategic named accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role is the guardian of the strategic customer relationship and is focused on retention; penetration and net new customer selling.
1) Establishing and building senior level relationships and leveraging them in
driving new profitable sales and protecting base business.
2) Understanding and assessing customers’ business objectives; strategies and
3) Identifying innovative solutions to meet account needs.
4) Leading an internal ‘selling team’ (territory sales representative; specialists;
others) to maximize growth.
5) Overall account management including detailed account planning and sales
Position Impact to Business
The Enterprise Account Manager deepens and broadens Abbott’s relationship to non-laboratory stakeholders. Partners with customers’ key decision makers to develop solutions that enhance their competitiveness and performance. Accountable for driving market share growth through new business opportunity realization and contract renewals. The role is instrumental in expanding brand reputation and delivery of sales and profitability objectives.
Indicate the reporting relationships, products, budgets, throughput, level and purpose of contacts (internal and external), or other scope measures that are key to this position. This position reports to the Enterprise Solutions Director and will help build the Enterprise Organization designed to address special requirements of large; complex accounts; achieve a competitive advantage and create future growth. The role will better leverage the full portfolio of Abbott Diagnostics (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbot Molecular (AMD) products and services to create unique customer value to Abbott Diagnostics (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbot Molecular (AMD) largest; highest revenue/profit potential and most important customer accounts. The incumbent has direct sales responsibility selling to the ‘C Suite’ or senior executives establishing long term relationships that must be leveraged to drive new and protect existing business.
Key Success Factors
· Broad healthcare knowledge, to include factors influencing hospital/health system (i.e. government regulations; mergers/acquisitions;key opinion leaders and associations; patients’ advocacy groups).
· Interpersonal skill and savvy to effectively work with C- suite level and coordinate internal resources to effectively create personalized solutions that meet decision maker’s expectations.
· Highly skilled negotiator capable of running possible scenarios that address key elements for closing desired deals.
· Results oriented; anticipate where sales shortfalls might. be and implements contingency plans to close the gap.
· Bachelordegree in business, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline.
· 3years of experience developing and selling customized solutions to senior level/c-suite executives in healthcare institutions.
· 2years of experience leading cross-commercial initiatives
· Demonstrated effectiveness using Microsoft Office and Internet based applications.
· 5years of experience understanding performance metrics in Hospital or Laboratory settings and recommending solutions accordingly.