At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
- Establishing and building senior level relationships and leveraging them in driving new profitable sales and protecting base business;
- Understanding and assessing customers’ business objectives, strategies and therefore, requirements;
- Identifying innovative solutions to meet account needs;
- Leading an internal ‘selling team’ (territory sales representative, specialists, others) to maximize growth;
- Overall account management including detailed account planning and sales forecasting.
- Responsible for driving profitable revenue and closing opportunities within strategic named accounts by initiating, developing and/or delivering unique solutions that result in improved customer outcomes and benefits Abbott; ensures all commitments are met.
- Investigates and understands the strategic account and their business environment including goals, objectives, strategies and competitive situation.
- Identifies industry trends and changing market regulations and understands impact on strategic account.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision makers and influencers; builds and preserves customer relationships to leverage in driving new sales and protecting base business.
- Identifies opportunities or acts upon previously identified opportunities to prepare and deliver account-specific Abbott value proposition resulting in positive action.
- Understands, analyzes and accurately interprets key financial performance indicators for strategic accounts and how Abbott’s solutions will impact targeted financial objectives.
- Negotiates contracts resulting in long-term commitments.
- Provides leadership and direction regarding all Abbott interactions with strategic accounts; acts as a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Integrates information from ongoing business analysis and assessment into a multi-year plan and leads through persuasion and personal influence an internal ‘selling’ team to develop an actionable account strategy with short-term tactics to achieve desired results.
- Coordinates all appropriate Abbott resources to execute the strategic account plan including assigning roles, expectations, responsibilities and timelines; engages members of the team through ongoing communication, tactical planning and execution.
- Acts as an internal advocate for the customer; cultivates Abbott internal relationships and leverages to drive business objectives.
- This position will help build the Enterprise Organization designed to address special requirements of large, complex accounts, achieve a competitive advantage and create future growth. The role will better leverage the full portfolio of Abbott Diagnostics Divisions (ADD’s) products and services to create unique customer value to ADD’s largest, highest revenue/profit potential and most important customer accounts. The incumbent has direct sales responsibility selling to the ‘C Suite’ or senior executives establishing long term relationships that must be leveraged to drive new and protect existing business. Because the customers are highly complex organizations, successful closing of new business requires having an internal selling team of local sales representatives and managers, product specialists for each line of business (Immunoassay, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Informatics, Automation, Services), workflow experts and others as well as a separate team to implement the solution. For each account, this role will lead a team through persuasion and personal influence that will offer solutions customized to each customer while ensuring the solutions delivered are of high quality and meet their expectations and needs. The individual will solicit leads for new business development.
- The incumbent will beresponsible for the P&L for each customer as well as developing the profitable growth that is needed to achieve LRP commitments. Impact of actions will be measured on a quarterly and annual basis and will be reflected in merit increases,compensation plans and annual performance reviews.
- Proven sales experience at executive level selling broad and complex product line for a minimum of 5 years required
- Proven ability to build long term strategic and senior level relationships and demonstrated capability to uncover a large complex organization’s strategic long term plan and short term tactics and translate into a winning solution
- Proven success as an expert in all aspects of value-based, solution selling and ability to work in cross-functional teams to meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the company and customer.
- Proven sales management experience is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate, speak in public, and adapt to rapidly changing environments is a must.
- Executive level business and financial acumen
- Strong team leadership skills and knowledge of all products and services
- Strong negotiation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong internal and external networking skills with robust inter-personal skills that will develop and enhance long term relationships.
- Understanding of diagnostics industry would be a plus but is not mandatory.