Brief Summary of Role
Appirio works with companies to address key challenges through the implementation of Appirio application-based business solutions. This individual contributor position is solely responsible for Appirio business development with Telecommunication clients.
- Meet, and hopefully exceed, services booking and revenue quotas
- Actively pursue and hunt for new business opportunities in accounts
- Network within the industry, market, and accounts to bring new client opportunities to the Appirio consulting account teams
- Identify/develop key partner strategies for specific customers and market segments
- Provide high content contributions to joint product and consulting opportunities around Appirio application solution areas identified above
- Communicate effectively at all client levels
- Quickly grasp client business and technical requirements and fit consulting solutions around those specific needs
- Manage all phases of the business development cycles to successful close (including proposal development, implementation estimating, scope construction, and client presentations)
- Proactively approach the market segment through active leadership in industry and community organizations
- Add industry specific and technology solution expertise to the sales process
- Maintain and nurture client relationships to ensure additional business
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- BA/BS or equivalent; MBA is a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years experience working for a solutions consulting organization.
- Prior experience in business application sales, preferably in a Messaging, Collaboration, Mobile, and or Social application environment
- Proven track record of successful solutions-oriented services sales
- Candidates with prior experience in SaaS or On Demand Industry are highly desirable
- Drive and motivation to sell on-demand products and services full-time
- This is a direct sales role. Superior communication skills (both for internal and external clients), very strong leadership qualities, and team oriented business values are essential.