The Account Executive (AE) is a highly motivated self-starter who is responsible for developing and closing new business or expanding our footprint in current customers in an assigned geographic territory. A successful AE is eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and comfortable with some ambiguity. AEs are focused on acquiring new customers or selling additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. This person is accountable for exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and driving adoption and usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
This is and Individual Contributor position and reports to the Regional Vice President, State & Local Sales.
- Drive success of the company's goals and objectives through achieving individual sales quotas
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts into a geographic territory or within the core verticals
- Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and products demonstrations, by phone and via online demo
- Develop and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievements accurately through proper use of sales tools
- Collaborate effectively and engage various pre/post sales resources including Sales Development Representatives, Market Development Representatives, Solutions Engineers, Account Managers, Partner Account Managers, as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services and Customer Support
- Travel as necessary, typically 25%
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of direct sales experience in an Account Executive role or equivalent quota-carrying role
- Proficient computer application skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- 8+ years SaaS sales experience selling into Public Sector, ideally State & Local Government
- Experience selling web-based products/services
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Demonstrated ability to over-achieve quotas (top 10-20% of company) in past positions