The Account Executive is responsible for selling Gainsight’s PX solutions to prospective customers. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will create and cultivate relationships to build and maintain customers for life. The Account Executive will work with all Gainsight stakeholders including Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, Pre-Sales, Product Support and Product Management to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
What You'll Do
Take the first steps (sales) to create happy customers for Gainsight's PX SaaS solutions by executing (sometimes complex) sales cycles through the orchestration of internal and external resources. ICP and Target market is currently Product Executives and Managers, as well as related executives, at Midmarket companies. Current focus is technology companies. A successful Account Executive will be able to:
- Represent Gainsight PX in a highly professional manner;
- Demonstrate excellent phone and in person presence;
- Have a healthy sense of humor. Might not seem like a key sales executive criteria but this isn’t always easy stuff, so being able to laugh – and laugh at ourselves - is important. It is also a core part of the Gainsight's PX culture and a great indicator of one’s ability to build rapport.
- Achieve sales quota for assigned territory
- Operate relatively independently, but work with the VP to manage territory to maximize revenue.
- Independently create an opportunity pipeline while executing multiple concurrent (complex) sales cycles;
- Have an appreciation for, and willingness to do, good sales forecasting;
- Simultaneously position Gainsight PX and qualify opportunities, by presenting the Gainsight PX unique value proposition in a compelling manner, framed by a value based selling approach that includes some business and return on investment analysis;
- While this is first a closing role, you will be required to prospect yourself and build your own pipeline. There is a SDR team in place to drive meetings, who you will work with.
- Demonstrate a natural curiosity and a desire to dig to understand the pain, and eventually the buying process, of the prospect;
- Exhibit business process knowledge in the product management and user experience space which will allows you to link customer pains/opportunities/needs to Gainsight PX benefits;
Product and Market Knowledge
- Learn and understand how to discuss a “product led” growth strategy
- Position Gainsight's PX advantages against perceived alternatives and competing offerings;
- Understand customer growth goals, strategies & initiatives, and establish Gainsight PX as a best in class product experience solution
- Account Executives will build direct relationships with executives and key product managers
- Work with Sales Development Representatives to define and support prospecting efforts within assigned territory.
- Enter new leads, contact data, log calls and other sales information for prospects and customers into SFDC.
- Prepare formal proposals, produce price quotes, work with management on contract negotiations, and gather all necessary paperwork to process orders.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, payments, product use or implementation (as required).
- Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Conduct online webinars as a means of generating qualified leads
- Plan, promote and conduct round table events in key locations within your territory
- Travel to and attend trade shows, conferences, round tables and onsite visits; 40-50% travel per year
What We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of above quota performance with a strong record of achievement in other experiences such as academics, accreditations, athletics, and non-sales job responsibilities. Examples of “extreme” performance like number one, salesman of the year, and other top performance achievements will be given heavy weighting.
- Experience and familiarity selling into Product or Engineering or Customer Success is a plus, or possibly marketing, but a candidate with the talent to excel is more important than specific domain experience.
- Comfort and expertise calling on and presenting to C-Suite level contacts, six figure deal sizes and 6-12 month sales cycle
- Proven track record of identifying business issues and creating value while managing multiple stakeholders and decision makers in a complex sales cycle
- Experience in technology industry
- Highly competitive, entrepreneurial and self-driven.