Enterprise Account Executive, North America
Business Development • Mountain View, CA
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come toCoursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
As part of Coursera’s Enterprise team, you will play a key role in increasing global access to a world-class education. You will help build Coursera’s new B2B business and partnerships, develop and execute on high-level strategies aimed at Coursera’s sustainability, and work across the organization (with business development, product, university partnerships, and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success.
You are a passionate, entrepreneurial sales professional and will prospect, develop, and close B2B partnerships with large companies. You should be excited about education reform, have extensive experience with enterprise sales/partnerships, and be interested in working for a social enterprise. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning/training combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s B2B business and partnerships, and indirectly, the enterprise learning space broadly.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Prospect, develop, and close B2B opportunities in alignment with Coursera’s high-level strategic priorities and mission
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends and data-driven insights to consult and supportprospective customers; this may include identifying opportunities for collaboration and improvement in potential customers’ training/L&D strategies
- Be the voice of Coursera’s B2B partners, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- Develop and execute on sales targets, hitting (and exceeding) revenue/growth goals and sharing learning across the organization
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis to inform team decision making and product
- Perform various sales and marketing operations tasks, including managing the B2B pipeline withCoursera’s CRM tool
- 5+ years enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in this space
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- A record of past achievement, including the ability to spearhead new strategic initiatives and manage senior-level external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others