Entegral is a remote first organization with remote and onsite employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities as these are the locations Entegral has business licenses; AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI with flexible options available for candidates local to primary office locations.
Our team is seeking a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
Be part of a team where you will lead operational and strategic activities in our dynamic IT environment. In addition, you will lead project planning, provide technical leadership and will work within your own area, as well as across functional teams. The Security Engineer will be responsible for integrating and architecting Security tools and automation, creating a cohesive vision across the platform in our shift-left journey. You will routinely collaborate with Architects and contribute to the development of strategic planning for the department as well as communicate clear, concise strategic vision. When leading projects, you will be responsible for holding yourself and others accountable for detail-orientation and will be required to deliver well-tested, secure, interoperable technologies that support company vision and strategy. You must be able to maintain effective relationships with all levels of company management, as well as with internal and external customers. You will also be required to establish and monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes and procedures. As a Lead Engineer, you must actively coach, mentor and teach others as well as use influence, expertise and leadership to support other teams as they implement technology solutions.
- Emphasis will be placed on strategic visioning such as overall design, introducing new technologies, improved metrics, and process improvements as well as tactical that includes developing and reviewing code
- Lead designs of software components and features
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step
- Designing API’s and working with other teams to build integrations
- Developing the team using your experiences, at the same time developing yourself by learning from the team experiences
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of applications while delivering impactful business value
- Experience with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience working on applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to strategically drive business partners
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding while considering all aspects of security
- Work with OpsEng, Enablement and other Software Development Engineers to assist in providing the tools necessary to analyze and resolve any security related opportunities within a SaaS platform
- Work across product roadmap initiatives to help product teams to understand how new features could impact our overall security posture
- Work in active partnership with development teams during operational security reviews providing leadership and security design guidance
- Analyzing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture.
- Identify appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
- Ensure that operational, security incident trends and observations are considered with regard to the evolution of the Platform's information security services and capabilities.
- Work with various design and architectural patterns to incorporate security best practices
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of related security incidentS
We are diverse. We are equitable. We are inclusive. Entegral is promoting an inclusive and equitable company culture. We work to ensure that our products meet the needs of all of our customers. Our products reflect the diversity of our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- Must be located in AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
- 10+ years of technology relevant work experience
- 8+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language,
- 8+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- 6+ years of experience with various design and architectural patterns
- 6+ years of experience architecting and developing large complex applications
- 5+ years of experience in responding to all levels of security incidents in a SOC environment
- 5+ years of experience in working with network security (penetration testing, VPN, BYOD, IoT, etc)
- 5+ years experience with multiple cloud providers and their native tools (IAM, security, vulnerability management, etc)
- 4+ years of experience working on applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment.