Join MSC as we upgrade our data model and reorganize our product hierarchies. The Enrichment Specialist is an analytical and creative thinker who is not intimidated by roadblocks and challenges. They must be excited about new challenges and have the courage to take a stand for data. They understand how to obtain source data, map it to a destination structure, and import it into a Product Information Management system. This associate must perform well under pressure and possess great focus while completing projects efficiently.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and analyzes product information data structures to normalize data inconsistencies.
- Creates product information schemas and prepares product information system to receive data imports.
- Becomes familiar with basic data collection and analysis tools for product information data collection.
- Becomes proficient in migrating data from one format into an acceptable format for importing.
- Understands the need for metadata and proficiently describes data so it can be understood by others.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements with data collection projects.
- Recognizes data has value beyond the initial use and carefully curates’ data for future use.
- Recognizes the benefits and costs of data preservation.
- Prioritizes multiple requests and concurrent workstreams.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, Data Science, Data Analytics, or Business Management.
- Experience developing and maintaining information models and product information systems.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Three to five years of experience with positional and other file formats.
- Three to five years of experience mapping data structures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft technologies and environments.
- o Data savvy
- o Problem solving
- o Data modeling
- o Process rigor
- o Proficient oral and written communications
- o Technology awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong data analytics skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Understands the lifecycle of data
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Alteryx, Power BI, etc.) to represent insights and structure data models.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas.
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to analyze data and develop insights.
- Experience with remodeling established hierarchies and