MDA Information Systems, LLC is looking for Engineers at one of our on-site customer locations in Hunstville, AL. We have many openings and this posting is to capture interested talent in all levels of experience and multi-disciplinary fields in engineering and science. Out of area candidates eligible for TDY per diem.
The selected candidates will work with collaborative teams on various technical projects associated with the core mission, and will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Our engineers enjoy a flexible work environment, where contributions are recognized and rewarded. These positions provide an opportunity to work on projects that support some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. MDA employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Must be a US Citizen and hold an active TS/SCI Clearance
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Support and participate in technical meetings with customer and MDA counterparts, leaders, and technical staff.
- Provide engineering solutions to customer for the development and evolution of product/systems.
- Senior level engineers may be tasked to lead teams to accomplish product development tasks.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or science; disciplines to include: mechanical, electrical, robotics, computer science, chemical, energy, materials, aeronautical, testing and system modelling.
- Diploma or professional certification in a specific field of engineering from accredited institutions
- Five or more years engineeringexperience; Missile defense experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the significant aspects, concepts, and subjects of engineering and missile defense
- Capability and knowledge of operating the broad variety of software, tools, methodologies, and instruments that are related to missile defense engineering
- Energetic and enthusiastic in using the skills, proficiency, and information while executing the engineering duties
- Creativity: must be able to think of new systems and new ways to work. You must be able to think creatively and ask the right questions
- Problem-Solving Skills: must be able to work to develop new solutions to problems; identify the source of the problem and create and test solutions.
- Teamwork: Must be able to work as part of a team with members from different companies in developing systems, fixing problems or creating innovative solutions.