We are currently recruiting a Reliability Engineer and a Controls Engineer
for a World Class firms located near Joplin,Mo.
.,(see spec's)if this position is of interest to you or if you might know someone please contact John Wilson,The Tidewater Group
1)reliability engineer:Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Direct and supervise reliability program activities designed to achieve the goals of the plant reliability program.
• Assure predictive and preventative maintenance activities and support the overall reliability program.
• Manage and report KPIs detailing all the managed programs and activities’ execution and efficiency.
• Be a tireless, enthusiastic proponent and champion of equipment reliability and equipment reliability subject matter expert for the plant.
• Work closely with purchasing, stores and engineering to ensure equipment reliability is considered throughout all project phases in facility engineering, equipment procurement and changes, maintenance vendor selection, spare part selection and stocking.
• Develop and adopt standards that improve equipment reliability, including but not limited to areas such as PM, RCPE, equipment procurement, stocked parts, rebuilds by equipment type, installation and work execution. Continuously work with maintenance and operations to educate, promote and increase adoption rate at the site.
• Review modifications, installation drawings and specifications, and recommend the ideal Maintenance Strategy for each component on all assets.
• Provide technical assistance to the maintenance and operations departments on equipment and reliability issues and technologies.
• Recommend innovative solutions to increase equipment and facility life and to reduce maintenance costs through the analysis of repetitive equipment failures and breakdowns.
• Regularly audit the reliability program results to verify that equipment life has been extended to reduce maintenance requirements and repair cost.
• Perform Root Cause Problem Elimination for equipment failures.
• Review condition monitoring reports and, when abnormal conditions exist, support recommendation for corrective action.
• Audit the equipment structure list in CMMS and corresponding field labeling to assure all equipment is properly identified; the data is accurate and suitable to meet the needs of the facility.
• Alert the Maintenance and Operations Manager to situations of equipment and facility abuse and operations practices which induce failures, reduce reliability or increase the equipment maintenance cost.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, mechanicalengineeringpreferred, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, preventive and predictive maintenance systems, and condition monitoring and fixed time maintenance strategies.
• Advanced knowledge of precision alignment and vibration analysis.
• Advanced SAP maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of parts inventory management, and mechanical and electrical equipment design reliability principles.
• Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC) preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System (SAP) preferred. Experience with SAP and associated functions as the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred.
2)CONTROLS ENGINEER:Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the Manufacturing Playbook and Playlist. Support and apply the Playbook/Playlist in all areas.
• Tune, synchronize, and sequence Siemens drives in web handling applications in support of reliability and automation efforts. Drive systems include S110, G120 and S120 Siemens Drive systems, Micromaster, Baldor 18h series, various AC vector and low-voltage systems, DC drives (Joliet, Parker, Siemens, etc.) and others.
• Develop robust support documentation for drive troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Read and troubleshoot machine electrical drawings.
• Configure PLC message instructions and network settings.
• Develop Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), controls narratives, and testing protocols for new and existing systems.
• Develop PLC programs and operator interfaces.
• Work with Plant Systems and Reliability Group, manufacturing facilities, and other organizations to develop enterprise wide hardware, programming, and documentation standards for controls and drives systems.
• Mentor and assist with the training of controls specialists, electricians, electrical engineers at Engineering & Construction division, Plant Systems and the manufacturing facilities.
• Work with outside contractors and consultants on specifying equipment, controls, drives and system installs as necessary.
• Maintain awareness of new capabilities and technologies as they relate to controls, drives and web handling. When applicable, lead the implementation and adoption of new technologies.
• Generate business for plant systems by developing and maintaining relationships with key plant personnel and discussing potential projects while on site. Be customer oriented and remain engaged with the customer even after a job is complete.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of industry experience with web-handling applications and controls/drives programming
• Advanced knowledge of web handling production processes
• Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing systems
• Analytical thinker with problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Advanced knowledge of Siemens Simatic and Simotion drives and controls (emphasis on S120s)
• Working knowledge of other drives/controllers (i.e. Micromaster, Baldor 18h)
• PLC logic development (Primarily Siemens 505 and Step 7 (S7) Series Systems)
• Mechanical/electrical systems knowledge
• Schematic proficiency
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and SCADA systems
• Travel 5-10% of the time