AKRF’s Maryland office is seeking a full-time Water Resources Professional to support the expansion of our growing water resources practice in the Maryland/D.C. region.
- Assist in expanding AKRF’s market position in Baltimore and Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
- Management of project tasks for existing water resource projects.
- Provide technical support as needed with a focus on green infrastructure design.
- Prior experience with planning and designing stream restoration, stormwater and green infrastructure projects in urban and suburban settings.
- Strong project/task management, communication, and technical design skills in a consulting environment.
- Specific experience in more than one of the following areas is required: stream restoration/natural channel design, storm water BMP/green infrastructure design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, ecological landscape design, fluvial geomorphic analysis/assessment, and wetland restoration design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Significant experience with AutoCADCivil 3D, SWMM, Hydro-CAD and HEC-RAS.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Science, Water Resources Science or related field is required.
- P.E. Certification in Maryland is strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role.