5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Subsurface Utility EngineeringTechnician for the Virginia Beach, Virginia office for its Virginia and North Carolina ongoing work assignments The SUE Technician will assist our Project Managers working closely with our clients (VDOT, NCDOT, Municipalities etc.) throughout the Virginia region.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Requires a familiarity with test holes, subsurface utility designation, utility records research, interpreting utility records, land surveying, utility engineering.
- Assist in creating proposals and cost estimates based of client requests.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the SUE staff.
- Communicates with co-workers on the short term and long term project goals and/or accomplishments.
- Assist in the completion of specific SUE projects
- Assist with providing Quality Assurance in deliverables with clients
- Able to speak in front of an audience
- Other related SUE support services as needed
- Project Management & Leadership Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in utility engineering/SUE/surveying
Tracking Code 13628