Engineering Technician - Franklin Electric
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for overseeing and setting up, checking and correcting operation of circuitry and equipment adhering to pre-established guidelines of the organization's engineering specifications. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects products and processes, conducts tests, and collects data.
- Assists with research and development.
- Prepares and conducts experiments, collects data, and calculates or record results.
- May prepare and manage records necessary for certification and for regulatory compliance and certification. Follows the company's internal asset management processes.
- Performs general office duties, including answering the telephone, filing, and word processing.
- Assists with the design, development, testing, and manufacture of products and other equipment. May use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) equipment.
- Tests and inspects machines and equipment to assist the engineer in corrective action of production problems.
- Helps develop methods and devices used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.
- Prepares layouts and drawings of parts to be used for testing, setup, and manufacturing.
- Tests preexisting designs and design prototypes.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and other related electronic test equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics.
- Electronic circuittroubleshooting to a component level and good soldering skills including small SMT components.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in engineering, engineeringtechnology, design technology, or a related field (preferred).
- Three to five years of relevant education or experience in engineering, engineeringtechnology, design technology, or a related field (required).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.