Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity as an EngineeringTechnician? Do you want to be part of something huge? The Engineering Support Services Team is looking an individual who is passionate, highly motivated, focused, detailed and flexible. As a member of the Engineering Support Services team, you will have the opportunity to support products in their very early stages of development and be part of a team who is among the first to see and solve many emerging issues. We are a key partner to a wide range of engineering teams and in this capacity, you will build many relationships working with new hardware multi functional partners solving some of the most challenging issues during the entire prototype phase of a project. You will have tremendous opportunity to make a difference. We are an equal opportunity team and in this role, you will have the chance to be a part of something great. You should posses the ability to handle multiple work requests and complex projects simultaneously. You should also be able to plan and communicate priorities effectively. You will be responsible for performing system and board level debugging, repairs, and reworks on prototype hardware. Soldering skills are required. The tracking, reporting, and calling out of failure trends is also required. You should possess the ability to work closely with technicians and engineers to ensure the prompt and accurate completion of work. Overtime and weekend work may be necessary during the critical stages of development. Due to the size of the units, you should be able to lift items weighing up to approx. 40lbs. You will need to follow written and verbal instructions from engineering teams. You will need to communicate issues back to the engineering teams. Therefore, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Minimum 5 years experience performing BGA reworks
- Minimum 5 years experience reworking surface mount and through hole components
- Should be a standout colleague who can interact well with multiple groups within Apple
- Experience with rework machines such as AirVac or SRT preferred
- Familiar with test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Power Supplies, and Analyzers
- Ability to read schematics
- Can perform fine pitch solder work
- Basic knowledge of Apple’s latest operating systems is a plus
- Past customer support experiencepreferred
- Past bug reporting experience is a plus
- Previous experience taking apart systems and re-assembling is also a plus
Support drop off and pickups of development hardware Manage, prioritize, execute and communicate status of individual queue of work requests Report and document observed trends and issues to program managers and engineers Partner with program managers and engineers on work requests and project support needs Perform fine pitch solder and BGA rework requests Perform X-Ray analysis
Technical degree or equivalent experience.