We are looking for a Technical Program/Product Manager to help lead our Engineering culture, tooling and environment. OfferUp is growing fast as a business and the engineering team has grown significantly in size significantly over the last year. While we have built a world-class engineering team we aspire to have a world-class DevOps culture and environment – we are looking for the leaders who will guide and shape this!
As this is a new role in a fast growing company, you will be responsible for making most of the decisions about how we instrument, measure and monitor the development process, how we report on status, respond to live site issues and deliver world class tools to our engineers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working with engineering leadership to establish goals and metrics for engineering velocity; balancing and driving measurable improvements in operation stability; engineering impact and velocity; and quality and risk reduction.
- Deliver data and dashboards to demonstrate impact and results.
- Being the “product manager” for the end-to-end Infrastructure toolchain, working collaboratively with engineers and engineering leaders to understand and meet their requirements through tools, processes and culture. Balancing short-term needs and wins with long term investments.
- Developing processes to coordinate and drive cross-engineering initiatives.
- Working with security engineers to develop and evangelize best practices and tools to support a culture of Security-Conscious engineering.
- Helping to identify and evaluate third-party vendors, and manage the technical aspects of the relationship.
- Communicate status, results and issues, including developing a communication plan for all of engineering.
- Continuously demonstrating OfferUp’s core values: #Driven #Neighborly #Adaptable.
- 7+ years’ experience in technical program management in a related industry, preferably consumer-facing software products
- Experience in managing software development projects
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams
- Experience building agileprocesses, project management, and managing releaseschedules
- Experience managing multiple, fast-paced initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or related discipline