- Lead technology development and optimization of web handling, web control, and winding. Project focus can range safety, quality, manufacturing efficiency, or implementation of material/process innovation that require web handling expertise to meet their goals. Can be overall project lead or a team member supporting the goals of others.
- Provide functional mentorship and leadership in the initiation, design, development, and expansion of nonwovens from a web handling and/or winding standpoint
- Plan and carry out projects responsibility with limited assistance and direction.
- Ability to network, collaborate and influence in a global organization across staff functions, businesses, and manufacturing sites.
- Provide protection to technologies, processes, materials, and products through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets.
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an effective implementer of research principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
- Seek, recognize, define, and tackle problems to achieve business unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause, develop and recommend solutions.
- Provide encouragement, technical guidance and mentorship to junior researchers in this field of engineering. Maintain contacts at key universities to ensure new talent enters KC as required to meet business goals.
- Be flexible on work hours to support global customers and manufacturing partners.
- You possess a Bachelor's or advanced degree in related major scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degrees are most applicable
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in a variety of technical and operational assignments with experience in stranded and film elastics manufacture and converting.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required timeframes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web handling and winding science; specifically, the physics and engineering principles associated with this rare area of academic and applied engineering.
- Schedule flexibility, as the roll requires a heavy travel load. It averages 50% and exceeds 75% over peak project loads.
- Manufacturing wisdom in a plant assignment, ideally in both a GNW facility and a personal care or tissue facility.
- Experience with Kimberly-Clark’s capital appropriation processes
- Understanding of key equipment manufacturers, and how their products can meet our needs in the web handling space.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience and expertise with Kimberly-Clark products, procedures, and processes.
- Strong customer facing interpersonal skills in technical and business settings are highly encouraged
- Ability to represent all Kimberly-Clark sectors in external technical forums in the area of web handling, specifically as the liaison to the Web Handling Research Center at Oklahoma
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support outside of country. This role is available for in-country relocation only.