This position reports to the Engineering Manager working closely to maximize productivity and quality, develop staffing, and improve processes. The Engineering Team Leader will perform team leadership/management duties about 40% of the time and engineering design duties 60% of the time. This role is responsible for leading the Material Handling team in product design.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, R&T, Technical Service, and others to deliver product designs that meet business requirements
- Work alongside the Engineering Manager to develop and execute the company's long term engineering strategy.
- Define and manage project schedules, resource planning, and key deliverables, including potential scheduling conflicts and delays, and coordinate work activities among internal and external team members
- Lead "Engineering to Order" (ETO) planning and scheduling for custom and configured products for customer orders.
- Lead the team in ETO Continuous Improvement activities to improve lead time and quality on products.
- Lead and mentor team members, promote a positive team environment, and share new engineering insights.
- Perform regular reviews of team members to drive individual performance improvement and align team member performance with business goals
- Work with appropriate functional areas to understand the Voice of the Customer and verify product requirements and cost targets.
- Organize and lead project, design reviews, and update presentations
- 6 to 10 years experience in design/product engineering required
- BS in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or a related technical field
- Good mechanical & technical aptitude with the ability to deliver innovative products
- Solid Modeling Proficiency preferred (Creo a plus)
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing for sheet metal production, machining, and assembly preferred
- Team leadership experiencepreferred, along with overall strong leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills, including building project schedules, resourcing, tracking, and reporting status
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with highly organized work habits, are essential
- Strong time-management and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented, fast paced, and flexible environment
- Experience in the Agricultural Industry a plus
- Experience designing for agency certifications (UL, CSA, CE, etc.) a plus
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint