EYP is seeking an Engineering Team Leader to be responsible for leadership and continuous monitoring of engineering project work in local office(s) across all engineering disciplines as well as the advancement of the overall technical quality of work product, recruiting and retention of top level engineering staff, and managing local engineers with respect to project assignments, mentoring, reviews, and career development. He/she will act as liaison to local project directors and office leadership and is responsible for meeting project delivery expectations of engineering teams, and coordinates with other office engineering team leaders on workshare opportunities, standards development, and overall firm staffing mix. The Engineering Team Leader will ensure that all engineering projects are reviewed for quality assurance through application of standard quality control processes and may function as project engineer on certain projects. He/she provides marketing support in setting strategy, assigning teams, and, as required, participating in pursuit interviews and assists in client management as required to represent engineering leadership. .
- Responsible for performance of quality control checks process and technical reviews.
- Work with discipline directors, project directors and technical staff as necessary regarding technical quality of documents, details, and specifications, code review and interpretations.
- Bring technical topics and potential areas of technical improvement to the attention of discipline director and practice leader for standardization.
- Stamp and seal construction documents in accordance with firm policy
- Use technology and methodologies to create innovative approaches to building design
- Consistently strive to improve technical quality of work product by keeping abreast of new technologies, changes in building codes, and advances in the industry.
- Liase with all local office project teams to ensure intra-disciplinary and interdisciplinary communication and collaboration at all levels and all project phases, resolve engineering issues, monitor progress and quality of project work.
- Implement firm project delivery processes including quality management plan.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-discipline environment to produce integrated project documents and insure integrated design approaches & solutions.
- Will be assigned according to field of expertise on individual projects, approximately 50%f time worked.
- Coordinates all technical reviews for local projects.
- Responsible for the recruiting and retention of local office engineering technical staff.
- Effectively manage engineering staff ensuring they are effectively utilized and provided with the tools and resources necessary to be successful in their roles.
- Provide feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Actively contributes to the training and development of technical staff through EYP/U and outside opportunities.
- Consult and coordinate with local practice leaders on appropriate staffing mix and assignments with consideration of skills and career development of technical staff.
- Participate in the marketing strategy sessions regarding project fee proposals and goals.
- Attend interviews representing EYP’s engineering function and promote engineering services.
- Ensure client satisfaction with responsiveness to inquiries, string problem-solving, and open communication.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Engineering
- Registered PE strongly preferred
- At least 15 years of experience with strong technical background and specialized work experience within a discipline with 5 years in leadership positions preferred. Marketing and/or business development experience is preferred.
- Requires thorough knowledge of architectural practice especially large projects and complex building systems.
- Must have strong leadership skills with a is a service-oriented focus.
- Must have a strong area of technical focus; e.g. lab expertise, building physics.
- Requires sound knowledge of basic code principles.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead others and foster teamwork
- Ability to use good judgment/make timely decisions
- Experience with government contracts strongly preferred.
- The nature of the work being performed requires that the successful applicant be a US citizen.