Burr Ridge, IL
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 61 days ago
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Our VIS Claims unit is looking for an experienced Engineering Team Lead to support development initiatives for our ClaimSearch solutions in Burr Ridge, IL office location.
· Organizes multiple teams and efforts from an architectural and technical point of view
· Works with Engineering and Business leadership to manage team resources based on objective priorities
· Advises multiple teams and architects on technical direction
· Creates technical roadmaps for large, multi-team efforts
· Champions and tracks the team adherence to agile practices such as BDD, Unit Tests and refinement
· Allows teams to self manage whenever possible, subtly helping teams course-correct if needed
· Lives the agile mindset and principles
· Mentors team members on all levels of the development stack including agile practices, system architecture and software design
Skills and Knowledge:
· Innate curiosity and passion for Software and Cloud Engineering
· Ability to quickly understand the “Big Picture”
· Ability to quickly call out impediments and help in resolution
· Understands “Just Enough”
· Extensive enterprise architecture and software design knowledge
· Cloud architecture, particularly AWS
· Extensive and demonstrable Java knowledge and experience
· Ability to use and understand DevOps tools such as Chef and CloudFormation Templates
· Spring 4.x and greater
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.