We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will manage a team of UI and application engineers working across the stack, own significant chunks of our architecture, design and build systems at scale, and shape product decisions. You'll work on challenging projects, make an impact, and grow as an engineer and a lead.
- Overhaul a major frontend feature
- Mentor other engineers on your team
- Design a new API and write an architecture RFC
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you've worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant programming experience on the frontend (React/Redux/Sagas, Angular, Vue.js, or plain old js)
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have worked on a large frontend code base and owned features from start to finish
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've shipped complex projects with teams of engineers
- You have design experience
- You have a deep understanding of browser internals