Job Title Engineering Team Lead
Country United States
Posting Location Deer Park, IL
Job Description Overview:
The Transmission group in Deer Park is seeking an Engineering Team Lead to lead an engineering project team. This individual will be managing the engineering team of one of the group’s customer segments, tasked with supporting a major US automotive manufacturer. A motivated, self-starter person is needed, who has the skills and vision to provide technical direction to the team across all engineering disciplines. The engineer must be able to work with minimum supervision in a challenging environment.
• Directly responsible for supervising professional, technical employees. Provides direction to the engineering team.
• Provides technical support to customers, production, marketing, sales, and/or other departments.
• Successfully communicates appropriate project information to cross-functional teams and management.
• Responsible for resolving complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
• Responsible for overall success of function or project within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
• Defines personnel, resource & capital needs, and operating budget for the group.
• Leads quotation activities for potential new projects.
• Drives and documents internal and external design meetings.
• Responsible to ensure customer feedback is regarded in team’s work output and designs.
• Responsible for overall success of the project.
• Some amount of domestic and international travel will be required
• Assists Program Manager(s) with overall program schedule.
• Manages a multi-disciplined project engineering team
• Completes complex projects and performs project organization, definition, planning, implementation and control.
• Able to apply design/development tools as required (FMEA, 8D Methodology, etc.)
• Ensures that all designs meet customer requirements; works with customer to ensure requirements are totally understood.
Job Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in engineering design and development. • Very good organizational, decision making, presentation and communication skills
• Experience with multi-discipline engineering and team management
• Familiar with product launch and introduction requirements
• 7+ years of Professional experience
• Masters Degree and/or PMP certificate
• Demonstrated ability to launch new products
• Automotive engineering experience
• Fundamental knowledge of transmission operation