What you will do:
We are the global leader in building innovation with Louvers, Dampers, and Air Measurement controllers located within an easy commute of Kansas City, MO. Our products lead today’s tough building codes with a variety of performance certifications, patents & business awards that go unmatched in the market The Engineering Supervisor will lead our Louvers R&D teams to develop new product introductions for a variety of high velocity wind driven rain and hurricane missile impact applications. This position is responsible for setting design principles and managing a team of engineers & designers to meet the sales new product concept. You will need to promote technical guidance, sound engineering principals, effective use of facilities, and maintain organizational standards.
How you will do it:
- Review professional Sales plans to understand the scope of work and our customer needs
- Determine design feasibility, specifications, objectives, and forecast a predictable schedule
- Oversee design stamp calculations, FEA, CFD and ensure the product meets the customer expectations
- Develop trial builds, validate quality control methods, witness lab testing, and design for manufacturing
- Schedule and make assignments as needed, as well as purchasing all necessary supplies, equipment and services.
- Set and follow departmental and project-specific budgets, approving all expenditures
- Maintain a positive relationship with internal teams and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Hire, train, and manage the performance of the Louver R&D Design team
What we look for Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Architectural / Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in structural design
- Proven ability to manage/lead/supervise an engineering team
- Knowledge of Building Codes
- High attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret building prints, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, good written and oral communications skills, flexibility, and adaptability to changing situations.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and 3D software for the ease of team communication.
- Able to apply fundamental engineering theories, mathematics, mechanics, and physical science concepts to the job.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the HVAC Industry
- PMP with excellent project management skills
- Familiar with building code regulations