North America Application Engineering Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Application Engineers in delivering industry leading turbocharger solutions and technical service to customers.
- Serves as a key customer contact regarding application of turbo charger components.
- Provides engineering leadership to a team of Engineering professionals creating strong morale and team spirit while actively fostering wins/successes through results.
- Ensures team provides full engineering and commercial service to customer for product sale and service.
- Capable of guiding problem solving activity and fostering the use of strong analytical skills and displays strong project management skills.
- Is responsible for recognizing the need for and initiating appropriate management actions to assure positive customer relationship.
- Attains project and management goals on time and within established budget.
- Establishes project budgets and non-recurring engineering cost estimates as necessary.
- Forecasts work activities for self and others. Defines and develops best-practice and innovative processes and predicts and communicates difficulties in meeting critical objectives to management.
- Manages program activities related to release and production launch of product designs.
- Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team.
- Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Prepares and carries out significant internal and external project presentations.
- Manages all facets of application engineering including resource planning, timelines, customer interaction, and collaboration with product development to ensure technology is delivered to customer in a timely manner.
- Understands and adheres to current quality and control policies.
- Understands and adheres to current health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Communicates and enforces safe work procedures.
- Identifies and closes safety issues (suggestions, inspection and investigation findings) and their corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree. A Master’s degree in a Technical field is preferred.
- At least 8 years of engineering experience in engine or automotive component development required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Continue training to upgrade capabilities in technical and interpersonal areas by study and formal training is required.
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Sizing Up People
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional Technical Skills
- Process Management.