If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for the integrity, update, analysis and entry of Bill of Materials (BOM) for Franklin Electric Water Systems products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review customer order specifications and determine product configurations. Design new components as-needed. Process orders within ERP system
- Interact with sales, customers, and vendors to understand requirements and gather information to recommend product configurations
- Create engineering drawings and solid model parts and assemblies using CAD software
- Create, manage, and review BOMs. Perform engineering duties within ERP system (e.g. create part numbers, BOM entry). Work within PDM software to store and maintain drawings.
- Supportother departments in execution of order-specific designs and other projects
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in engineering or a related degree (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related degree (preferred).
- One to three years of relevant experience (required).
- ERP system experience (required).
- Solidworks and/or Cadkey experience (preferred).
- Intermediate: ERP system, Solid modeling software.
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet, word processing/typing.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continuallyrequired to stand and walk.
- Regularlyrequired to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
- Occasionallyrequired to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.