N2 Imaging Systems, recently acquired by UTC Aerospace Systems, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions.
- Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum.
- Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
- We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Engineering Site Lead to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment.
- This position plays a highly visible, key leadership role in ensuring the success of the Engineering team.
- Position will report to the Functional Engineering Lead for the ISR and Space Business Unit.
- The Candidate will facilitate, support, guide and consult on all engineering development programs and production engineering issues that impact the site, while leveraging a matrix organization for Integrated Program Teams. The candidate will have 5-10 Direct Reports with an indirect staff approximately 70-80.
- Be an overall leader of disciplines within the functional engineering organization.
- Own and drive the reconciliation process to identify and close gaps in resource supply versus demand. Establish and manage engineering department budgets and labor utilization Develop and execute IR&D task and new business plans in support of business unit and site strategic plans Conduct discipline health reviews working with the various engineeringsupervisors. Drive robust overall engineering training & development plans to maintain and advance technical capability and competency.
- Serve as an Engineering ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) leader and champion for continuous improvement.
- Develop the overall engineering sourcing strategies working with the discipline managers to meet customer and company needs.
- Ensure proper engagement with ISR & Space Systems Business Unit Engineering initiatives and engineering technical discipline chiefs.
- Ensure adherence to standard work, design reviews, and design process assurance.
- Ensure compliance withinternational trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensure the protection of UTAS and safeguard of customer and supplier/partner intellectual property.
- Provide paths to resolution of major engineering issues beyond program teams' authority.
- Prepare and monitor engineering process metrics and manage process improvements based on those metrics and program execution feedback.
- US Citizenship requiredwith the ability to obtain Secret DOD clearance.
- Minimum 10+ years' of progressive leadership experience involving strategic planning activities, managing diverse groups of highly skilled employees, and interfacing at all levels throughout the organization.
- A minimum of 5+ years' domain experience in EOIR imaging systems for USG military applications. Experience in full product development cycle for mission critical hardware Strong project planning and resource management skills with all associated processes and tools Strong foundation in all engineering disciplines Demonstrated budget planning and earned value management experience Excellent communication skills with proven ability to facilitate teamwork across functions.
- Ability to influence and motivate in a matrix organization.
- Strong knowledge of and experiencewith Aerospace/Defense Electronics and Electromechanical Systems and associated design processes.
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and staffing high performance engineering talent. Possess strong decision making, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be comfortable working as a team to meet highly aggressive goals and satisfy both program and process requirements successfully.
- Must be comfortable training or presenting to large groups including upper levels of management.
- Ability to influence and motivate in a matrix organization. Bias for action and sense of urgency to obtain results.
- Aerospace industry experience highly desirable.
DesiredExperience: Experience in IR imaging Cameras, Image intensifiers, night vision devices, electro optical systems, and/or military contract acceptance testing is desirable. BS/MS in Engineering, Masters' degreepreferred