Supervise the engineering employees; responsible for interviewing, scheduling, training, development, coaching and counseling. Provide open and clear communication. Provide recommendations and conduct performance reviews. Resolve issues and recommend disciplinary action as appropriate.
Implement and schedule all property and equipment PM programs in compliance with Disney standards and local, state, and national codes and regulations to ensure safety, guest and cast member satisfaction, to protect the assets and to maintain the resort in first class condition.
- Lead a team of hourly cast members by coaching, mentoring, motivating, empowering, removing obstacles and holding individuals accountable to overall job performance and adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance engineering team performing daily preventative and corrective maintenance throughout the resort
- Make productive and positive contributions to safety, service and departmental performance
- Provide technical oversight and direction for the troubleshooting, repair, refurbishment, and show quality of the Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa facilities assets.
- Develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation among various departments and with all leaders while managing safety, regulatory compliance and productivity.
(These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job.)
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a maintenance environment and a minimum of 3 years within a hotel maintenance environment.
- Experience in facilities and/or kitchen maintenance. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage performance and hold team members accountable
- Strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability as a team leader
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Organized and systematic approach to problem solving
- Proven decision-maker with the ability to handle multiple tasks while under time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop management reports, accurately report information, and deliver projects on time and use various office (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) and accounting programs
- Strong customer satisfaction focus/perspective.
- Experience in project process, development, and implementation.
- Experience in financial management. Assist in creation and adhere to annual budget for department.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and various shifts, as needed.
Knowledge of HotSOS or comparable software
Two year Technical Degree or equivalent experience in the facilities, mechanical, and electrical fields.
BA/BS degree in an engineering or technical discipline