JoinFidelity Real Estate's Operations and Engineering team as the primary quality consultantin the areas of infrastructure design, maintenance, repair. You will serve as the primary technicalresource to Engineering Operations and Project Management staff in the assignedregions.
FidelityReal Estate Company (FREC) is the corporate real estate division ofFidelityInvestments, providing a full range of services to Fidelity business unitsnationally and internationally. Engineering Services (ES) is a group within FRECthat has the responsibility of internal engineering support, solutions, andstrategies across the corporate portfolio. ES plays a critical role inproviding technical guidance, initiatives, and emergency response for the safeand continuous operation of critical building systems and business operations.ES coordinates and interacts with many Fidelity business units and externalengineering firms for infrastructure design support, maintenance schedules,project coordination, risk mitigation, and other engineering functions.
The Expertise You Have
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering orrelated engineering specialty is required
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or ProfessionalEngineers (PE) License is desirable
- Professional Registration is desirable (anystate, any technical discipline)
- Minimumof 5 years of experience in one or more technical disciplines ofInfrastructureEngineering, with exposure to Mission Critical Facility Infrastructure design,applications or building infrastructure operations
- Knowledgeof the operation and design of Mission Critical; stand-bygeneration, UPS, FireProtection, HVAC Systems, and BMS Systems
- Familiaritywith IT and call center critical infrastructure
- DesirableEnergy, Environmental or Sustainability Certifications such as: LEED AP, DCEP,CEM, ISO14001 Auditor
The Skills You Bring
- You are a positive collaborator with theability to also function autonomously on individual assignments.
- You exhibit knowledge of techniques and toolsthat promote effective analysis and possess the ability to determine the rootcause of technical problems in order to create and review alternative solutions/strategiesthat resolve them in the best interest of the business.
- You have a proven ability to build and maintaina network of individuals toleverage in order to achieve goals and results. Youare unconstrained bytraditional or orthodox ways of thinking.
- You organize projects into manageable tasksthat are logically or sequentially related and weigh the cost, benefits andrisk factors to determine the best solution(s).
- You possess an ability to recognize, anticipateand resolve organizational, operational or process problems in diversesituations.
The Value You Deliver
- Developing, implementing and enforcing the standards, guidelines, strategies and initiatives for the safe and continuous operation of critical building systems by serving as the primary technical resource to Engineering Operations and Project Management teams.
- Providing quality assurance/quality control verification for maintenance activities of critical systems performed by third-party and OEM vendors.
- Leading and supporting operational audits of critical infrastructure and environmental management programs.
- Takinga lead role in after-action reporting, root-cause analysis, and correctiveaction plans as well as contributing to the recovery efforts in theevent of aloss of critical business functions.
- Participatingin the project delivery process from conceptual design through to finalcommissioning and sign-off by identifying quality control issues that couldaffect the project outcome and providing timely feedback to theproject manager.
- Approving maintenance management schedules and coordinating theperformance of maintenance, repair and emergency work to ensure continuous availability of critical business functions as well as guiding regional operational training initiatives, processes and procedures.
Fidelity values skills andexperience attained from military experience. We welcome applications fromtransitioning service members and veterans and encourage you to includeinformation about transferable skills and experience in your resume.
Fidelity Veteran Employees (FiVE)is a firm-wide networking and support group for military veterans that informsand supports Fidelity on matters related to themilitary community. The groupoffers professional development, networking, and mentoring for militaryveterans and interested associates, welcomes veteran new hires and colleaguesrejoining Fidelity from deployment, builds and maintains supportive connectionswith associates recalled to active service, and leads volunteer and charitableefforts that support military veterans.