Engineering Senior Project Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Engineering Services
Job Description and Overview:
This is a high visibility position in a fast growing location. In this critical role, you will be responsible for Technical/Business Program Management of multiple power amplifier/front-end module/multi-mode development projects from initial proposal phase through production launch. Tasks/efforts include chairing weekly development team meetings, resolving technical issues, driving critical path schedule tasks, supporting customer interaction, ISO/Dev. Process compliance, presentations to senior management, etc. If you enjoy being in a critical path, driving role in which you make a significant impact in launching products to market, this is the right opportunity for you!
Position can be based in San Jose or Irvine, California OR Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project S/W (Scheduling Skills), MS Powerpoint (Presentations Skills), Knowledge of Oracle’s Agile PLM software is a plus, and Team Leadership experience. Knowledge of Project Management, Product Development Processes, and Technical Project Mgmt.
- Candidates must be capable of managing priorities and schedules for multiple development teams (consisting of Design Engineering, Product & Test Engineering, QA, Reliability, Operations, Purchasing, etc.) to assure new product customer specification compliance, cost targets, critical milestones, prototype sample on-time deliveries, etc.
- Also must be capable of developing detailed MS Project Schedules and presenting project critical path status/issues/actions to Skyworks management.
- Must be very detail-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree preferred
- 12 years’ program management experience required, 5+ years managing deliverables for engineering teams.
- Minimal travelrequired
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical (Engineering) Program Management: 8years
- leading an engineering team: 5years