LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project's feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
Job OverviewWe are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to work in our Charlotte, NC office in the Waste + Recycling Division. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for solid waste-related engineering projects, performing QC reviews of engineering deliverables, and mentoring junior staff. The Sr. Project Manager will work closely with a Principal Engineer and will manage all project responsibilities of multi-discipline teams. The projects are challenging and provide unique design and project management opportunities.
- ResponsibilitiesResponsible for planning, scheduling, developing, coordinating, directing, and managing large and small design and master planning projects with many complex features.
- Depending on the candidate's experience, projects may include solid-waste related site development projects: developing master plans, design drawings, design of stormwater management and erosion control systems, technical specifications, and cost estimates.
- Preparing various types of related reports and studies and secure permitting for projects
- Developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of projects as well as planning and coordinating activities to be carried out by others including in-house engineers, designers, and surveyors and outside specialty consultants.
- Position includes mentoring of younger staff and technical review of their work product.
- Contribute to marketing of the firm and development of new business by initiating and maintaining relationships with current clients and key individuals of other organizations and companies.
- Position will require some travel to clients' facilities to better understand design issues and to monitor construction progress.
- QualificationsMinimum requirements include a BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Licensed Professional Engineer with 15 to 25 years of experience, including solid waste or closely related projects.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ideal candidate has the traits of a team player who is enthusiastic about all aspects of engineering and project management and can lead projects from planning and preliminary engineering through design and construction.
- Must have good communication skills, be a team player and be able to relate well to project team and clients.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.