- Fundamental roles of the Reliability Engineer Manger for this North America Division of Imerys
- Track the production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, then find ways to reduce those losses or high costs. These losses are prioritized to focus efforts on the largest/most critical opportunities.
- In full partnership with the operations team, develop a plan to eliminate or reduce the losses through root cause analysis, obtains approval of the plan and facilitates the implementation.
- Manage risk to the achievement of an organization’s strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality, and production.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to this North America Division of IMERYS performance by ensuring sustainable excellence of fixed and variable costs, based on best tailored maintenance policy.
- Contribute through the I Cubed saving program related to Maintenance
- Work with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization Overall Equipment Effectiveness Remaining useful life Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Plans annual Maintenance shutdown for critical circuits at all sites.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
Proven ability to oversee projects from conception to implementation, including managing personnel, developing sketches, reviewing detailed drawings, vendor negotiations, supervising contractors, and documenting final results.
- Proven ability to successfully conduct a cost/benefit analysis, oversee development of key maintenance initiative justification, present project to superiors and gain approval
- Strong team leader skills to coordinate efforts of multi-disciplinary teams to achieve a common goal
- Must have participated in the development of and have been held accountable to a multi-million dollar budget
- Excellent communication skills and proactive communication style to ensure all affected parties are informed regarding the status of a wide range of maintenance repairs
- Proven ability to develop and adhere to maintenance downtime schedules
- Strong ability to anticipate questions and prepare answers pertaining to the business case for each maintenance initiative from all affected parties, including the senior management team
- Demonstrated ability to identify maintenance constraints (manufacturing process, budget, schedule, etc.) and either eliminate the constraints or manage within
- Proven capability in defining project scope
- Demonstrated skill in applying detailed technical analysis
- Broad knowledge of maintenance related program tools, such as, reliability engineering (RCM, On Stream Time, MTBF, OEE, WCAM and TPM)
- Proven ability to assign priorities to achieve multiple objectives and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and a positive change agent
- Strong ability to make decisions by understanding causes, weighing options, and making final decisions based on achieving highest priority objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts
- Proven ability to implement lean manufacturing principles into an Engineering/Maintenance department
- Ability to further develop subordinates and by identifying and fostering growth environment.
- Effective computer skills, including working knowledge AutoCad, Microsoft Office.
- Travel is required, at least 30%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Engineering or related technical field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a continuous processing manufacturing environment
- At least 10 years’ experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- At least 10 years managing a department with supervisors leading their own direct reports
REQ - 00958