$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Engineering & Projects – Manager - Cost Controls
· Key role in a diverse project management organization;
· Previous experience in capital projects cost analysis role
· Role based in Salt Lake City, Utah
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
About the role
Rio Tinto Kennecott Copper, in Salt Lake City, Utah is searching for a Manager –Cost Controls to lead departmental cost controls efforts for a variety of moderate tomajor sized programs, projects and studies across the Kennecott Utah Copper business. The role reports to the Manager Project Governance.
The role will primarily be involved in directing and leading a team in the cost controls of projects from initiation to completion. Has a focus of achieving objectives through the development and control of project and program budgets. The role also includes:
· Responsibility of forecasting costs, reporting progress, and providing variance analysis and resulting actions for departmental managed projects
· Developing and maintaining controls systems
· Regular coordination in with Scheduling Manager and key project stakeholders
· Ensuring that appropriate governance is being followed in project stages
· Supervision and direction of team of cost controls professionals
· Occasional contribution to process improvements and department initiatives
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent
· 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible experience and applied knowledge in project cost controls is required
· Sound knowledge of project scheduling and cost controls systems, principles and practices
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with computer system applications, including Word, Excel, MS Project, Primavera, Prism.
It will also be beneficial if you have
· Broad understanding of project management, program management, project governance, risk management, cost estimating, change management and project controls.
· Experience with development of basis for cost estimates
· Knowledge of Project based software tools and systems.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives tobe a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practices.
Valid Through: 2019-10-21