More information about this job
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
NV5’s northern California water/wastewater group is seeking engineering project managers with 8 to 15years of experience in managing the planning and design of water and/or wastewater infrastructure systems. We are looking to fill positions in both our Manteca and Sacramento offices. The successful candidate(s) will:
Assist water/wastewater group leader with managing planning and design of water/wastewater projects; managing and mentoring of engineering staff; and, play an active role in business development activities.
Typical projects include:
- Water supply and distribution systems;
- Wastewater collection, treatment and disposal systems;
- Advanced treatment process design including water reuse systems; and,
- Development/update of water/sewer master plans, condition assessments, and preliminary design reports.
The successful candidate may be asked to help develop new opportunities and assist in the strategic development of our water and wastewater platform throughout California and the U.S.
- Assist group leaders in the delivery of water/wastewater projects
- Must be able to manage multiple, concurrent projects (including subconsultants and support services design teams) on time, within budget and with expected level of quality.
- Help maintain strong relationships with existing clients and identify and develop new clients and project opportunities in Northern California.
- Develop scope, schedule and budget for new tasks and projects and other new assignments
- Represent NV5 in local, State and national professional organizations
- Make or support presentations to governing boards and city councils
- Work with local and state regulatory agencies for project permitting, funding, etc.
- Visiting project sites and attending meetings may require overnight travel
- BS or higher degree in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering field.
- 8+ years of progressive experience with municipal water/wastewater engineering projects.
- Proven business development skills
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- PE registration (California)
- California Drivers License