This position will be responsible for identifying and implementing the best construction standards and technologies in utilities (electrical distribution, refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, and heating systems). The individual in this position will have a good working knowledge of both mechanical and electrical systems and technologies as well as grounding in the scientific fundamentals and basic principles of systems. A solid foundation in the fundamentals of project management will be needed as well. This position will require the individual to implement projects relating to construction and utilities across multiple plants. The position will coordinate the results in terms of energy consumption for all plants and will collaborate with international working teams.
- Assessing, identifying, and developing utilities technology and structures
- Develop cost estimates, schedules, execution and startup budgets, and plans for activities
- Oversight of OEM’s, contractors, and BFA personnel working on a project
- Develop an energy ratio analysis
- Fundamental project management skills to develop robust timelines and cost estimates for initiatives
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and collaborate cross-functionally
- Effectively Interface with Operations, R&D, Engineering, Finance, Procurement, Marketing and Sales teams to facilitate ideas and influence across multiple functions and layers of organization
- Participate and manage projects as assigned
- The position will require travel to BFA facilities as well as vendor and customer locations across North America. Travel estimated to be 25% - 50%
- Other duties as required
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- 5 - 7 years of experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint), MS Project. Basic skills or proficiency in use of CAD software is a plus.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering. Advanced degree or an MBA is preferred.
- Experience in food manufacturing
- 7+ years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD / Solidworks software
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint