Pantheon is currently looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join the company as a full-time member fo the Engineering team. Part Project Manager, part Scrum Master, and part Agile coach, this role will be deeply involved in the day-to-day progress of our product initiatives, as well as understanding how we want our process to evolve and helping us achieve constant incremental improvements.
This role requires the discipline and communication to coordinate and facilitate feedback loops, between Product and Engineering, between our local and remote team members, and between multiple departments.
Cool Stuff You'll Do
The primary responsibility is to ensure execution across the engineering teams by proactively curating a healthy process, identifying resourcing and scheduling risks, and helping the team manage planned and unplanned work. In this role you will:
- Act as Scrum Master for two of Pantheon’s four engineering sub-teams, ensuring teams are leveraging best-practices and developing functional practices that are compatible with the broader group
- Work with engineering team members and product managers to ensure their planning and resourcing is on track
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering Management to maximize product initiatives and effect process evolutions
- Compile reports to provide quantitative metrics around our internal Service Level Agreements (i.e. Escalations are handled within 24hrs, Major bugs are started next sprint, 20% of engineering work is allocated to defects and bugs).
- Follow-through on engineering tasks that require external, cross-functional or interdepartmental hand-offs like feature releases and product launches
- Evangelize and coach agile practices across the product engineering teams, including organizing quarterly training, identifying strategic incremental improvements
- Improve processes, including documenting, socialized and encoding in JIRA if applicable
Some specifics include:
- Updating JIRA to accommodate the creation of a new team as we grow
- Organizing quarterly agile/Scrum training with Product and Engineering team members
- Determining which part of the Scrum cycle currently contains the most friction, and developing an action plan with Product and Engineering management to address
- Coordinating around upcoming feature launches and raising unseen risks
What You Bring To The Table
- Several years of Project Management experience at multiple organizations / teams
- A vision for improvement, along with the understanding to adapt process to teams
- A grasp of agile first-principles and latest practices
- Proficient in JIRA administration
- Integrity and honesty, ability to be trusted and to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points For:
- Having decided to use JIRA after struggling through several other tools
- Worked with a complex and highly technical product
Cool Stuff You'll Get in Return
We have all the usual benefits and perks you'd expect from a high tech company, and what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team. And oh yeah, some other things to note:
- fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle
- dog friendly office
- fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches
- monthly gym and book allowance
- kombucha on tap and omg...did you say Its-Its are in the freezer?
Pantheon complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.