Engineering Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Packaging
Provide technical product and project leadership design, development, and improvement of paper converting machinery and related equipment. Plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of the assigned project. Work cross functionally regarding allocation of resources, timeliness of deliverables, and coordination of project schedules and timelines.
· Manage domestic and global projects ranging in budgetary size from $10k to $500k.
· Prepare project plans, facilitate project review meetings, and coordinate activities of engineering resources.
· Coordinate testing, validation, and Stage-Gate project deliverables within the engineering team.
· Lead projects for cross-functional teams, including multi-disciplined engineering teams, commercial, and operations teams.
· Provide support for projects and products by participating and leading customer facing activities where necessary.
· Facilitate engineering actions that ensure compliance with governing bodies (e.g. UL, CE, CSA..)
· Works closely with Product Management, Quality, Purchasing, and Assembly to ensure product quality and the achievement of project milestones.
· Provide project and product field support as required.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects with all levels of employees.
· Customer management and communication.
· Working with engineers and representatives of other departments in the design, evaluation and improvement of projects.
· Leading engineering staff in using sound principles, theories and concepts in analyzing complex problems.
· Staying updated on new engineeringtechnologies to enhance and improve products,
· Coaching the engineering project staff in applying new and creative approaches to projects and problems.
· Ensuring the projects meet standards set by Ranpak and the customer.
· Providing direction and guidance to support the project staff.
· Preparing necessary project documentation.
· Assisting project team members to meet departmental and corporate goals for projects.
· Must have product engineering and engineering project leadership experience.
· Proven experience leading projects and cross-functional teams.
· At least six years of design and/or automation experience is required.
· ERP System experience, 3D solid modeling, and electrical systems experience are required.
· Proven results in process development / management and team building.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, a demonstrated accountability, and good time management is necessary
· Proven ability to create and give presentations.
· Bachelor's of Science in Engineering from four-year college or university.
· Willing to travel up to 15% of the time.