Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applyproject management expertise to coordinate team activities, complete deliverables, and meet project deadlines and objectives. Responsible for all aspects of the project over entire life.
- Demonstrate ability to understand the project scope, be familiar with the role and function of each team member, and encourage mutual respect and cooperation to effectively lead the team in successful project milestone completion
- Draft comprehensive project reports to more senior Project / Engineering Managers.
- Effectively deliver oral presentations meant to inform or persuade to both internal and external audiences.
- Routinely make decisions regarding technical and risktradeoffs, priorities, resource utilization, scheduling and quality
- Determine, record, and prioritize requirements, constraints, and assumptions, to establish the product specification based on voice of customer focused concept-development results.
- Direct work of employees within the context of managing projects. Prioritize activities / assignments and adjust priorities when appropriate.
- Use WBS / scheduling tools to identify tasks, resources and timelines.
- Define scope of work and provide guidance to project employees.
- Complete project(s) while motivating and receiving support of cross-functional project team members.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools / techniques to monitor progress, identify and quantify variance, and perform required corrective actions.
- Identify resource needs and recommend solutions to management.
- Lead the team in effective decision making on a timely basis to effectively meet goals and mitigate risk.
- Identify improvement opportunities (product or process design) in an independent manner.
- Support the execution of prioritized customer requirements through completion of project deliverables.
Special knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Proven ability to demonstrate specialized knowledge of engineering discipline as well as broad practical knowledge of related disciplines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to bridge the functions of Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Test Engineering, Verification, and every aspect of the project cross-functionally.
- Proven ability to lead the project team to develop great, innovative, high quality products that exceed customer expectations with a sense of urgency to complete as fast as possible.
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project, WBS, FMEA, Risk Analysis, Planisware, and SAP for budget tracking.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills including formal presentation skills and ability to translate technical and non-technical communications based on audience understanding
- Solid organizational, multi-tasking and team building skills are necessary for success
- Experience with 3D New Product Development Process and DFSS tools
- Ability to travelinternationally and domestically up to 15%.
Education, Licenses, and Experience required:
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline required, preferably from an ABET accredited program
Continuing education in management studies expected.
Engineering Project Manager I - minimum 7 years project management / engineering experience
Engineering Project Manager II - minimum 9 years project management / engineering experience including Management role on 3 platform (or equivalent) projects
Engineering Project Manager II - PMP
MSdegree may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant experience. PhD may be substituted for up to 4 years of equivalent experience.
Experience working as an engineering co-op considered at a rate of 50% of total co-op time worked at MSA