Purpose of Position
The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for the effective planning, coordination, communication, and successful implementation of new products. The project manager will lead scope definition, planning, scheduling, resource allocation, and drive execution of the project team(s) to deliver a complete product solution to the market. The project manager will drive the daily activities of cross-functional teams with a focus on mechanical, electrical, software, and system development and integration. The project manager will lead communication across the organization to ensure projects meet their target requirements in the areas of Quality, On-time Delivery, and Cost. Focus on creative problem solving to innovate ways to optimize product designs and exceed expectations.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the successful launch of new products into global markets.
- Leads technical activities, including cross-functional design, schedule, and planning review meetings.
- Leads teams in project initiation, scope definition, and technical planning to craft work estimates and project schedules.
- Drives successful execution of project deliverables and phase-gate/milestone approvals through the Accelerated Product Development (APD) process.
- Champions cross-functional team to meet project metrics in the areas of Quality, On-Time Delivery, and Cost.
- Support cross-functional engineering teams to define clear solutions and development of solutions, working across product groups and geographies.
- Define clear product and solutions specifications and drive gap analysis / estimating of work content.
- Successfully manages project team with plan, schedule, and status updates across the organization leveraging daily management, visual project management, and Fortive Business System tools.
- Actively manage project plans and deliverables through the 9 knowledge areas of project management (PMI).
- Effectively lead the project team to communicate issues, gaps, and solutions with technical clarity to key stakeholders.
- Oversees the project life cycle and manage cross-functional team from project initiation through production release.
- Self-directed and effectively identifies, evaluates, and mitigates project risks.
- Manages through change during the project cycle with strategic planning and countermeasures.
- Interface with internal and external product development partners and suppliers to deliver quality solutions within schedule.
- Leads project team to ensure all regulatory, compliance, and field trial requirements are met.
- Leads cross-functional team to identify creative and strategic ways to compress and shorten project schedule, improving speed to market.
- Travel required, up to 15%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Gilbarco Veeder Root is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Background and Skills
- Minimum 4-year bachelor’s degree in engineering required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of Product engineering or Product development experience.
- 1-2 years of Project management or cross-functional engineering experience.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Cross-functional, technical team leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering design.